Spring cleaning! March news snippets...

# "Gonna get dressed for success, shaping me up for the big-time..." # - Per Gessle

The weather is gloriously bright (but cold) today as I look out of my window at work, past the 1960s brickwork of the adjacent building and on upwards into the blue skies of the changing seasons... I've been getting into the spirit of spring this week and have sprung into action to some much-needed overhauling of one of my blogsites... (NB - addendum 2012 - the following blog links are now broken links but the stories contained on them all now appear at: http://www.findthemissingreel.com )





You may or may not have read my adventures stories blog - (and if not, why not?!) but I decided to re-dress and re-skin the site and so now it's lost it's sickly green template and I've "painted" it with a more dusty, old-time adventure look, more fitting the stories I'm putting up there nowadays... As well as this, I thought I'd take the opportunity to make the stories there stand out a bit from those on my other blogs and give them their own "title card" graphics - so now both my first "Nat Smith" mystery story and my first "Indiana Jones" story have big pictures to announce their beginnings... My intention is to add a new title card for each of the new stories I post up at "gollygoshadventures", so I'm planning an all-guns-blazing pic for the "Coming Soon" story to that blog The Silhouettes & Winds of the Valley.

Talking of my Coming Soon stories I've also launched two of these this week on my other blogs - so across at Chucklesome Poetry you can now find Meticulous Nicholas and at rimor insolitus novus universitas you will see the new sci-fi story Drone, Drone, Drone... As well as this, I've written a new teeny tiny tale, The Subtle Vowel that's up over at my Micro Fiction blog - these nano stories tend to be quite introverted and quirky so the more you re-read them, the more meaning is supposed to appear... (or that's the idea anyway!) - but in case they're a bit too "out there", I intend soon to add small commentaries to those tink tales to explain my inspiration about them a bit more...

As to the news about the forthcoming "Contacts" page over at my official site? Well, I'm sort of tired of talking about it until it actually happens but it appears the penguins are taking extended afternoon nap breaks over at "Twig Enterprises Ltd" and Twig's looking into the health and safety issues of this as I type, but the main design man himself is having problems with Java script at the moment, so as ever, I'll keep you posted as to developments when they happen...

The good news is, though, that Twig is soon to link two more of my story blogs to the main homepage very soon - keep those mouse pointers clicking and hovering over the desk top objects to discover which ones they are and where they'll be hidden... Plus hovering around on the main homepage has anyone noticed a subtle date clue as to something biggish happening this year on the site?

By the way, can you tell I've been learning how to use quick links within paragraph text using html speak? You never know when it'll come in useful for dropping little hints now and again...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

# "A hydro-field cuts through my neighbourhood, somehow that always just made me feel good..." # - Barenaked Ladies

"If Adventure Makes a Sound..." ("Finding a Voice": Part-the-First!)

"Unfinished Tales" and other "Talking Titles"...