February's quickie news bits

# "Careless talk, I don't believe what they say..." - Billy Joel


Just a brief update on a new and exciting venture I've launched to link in with major changes I'm planning for probably the end of March time for this blog in particular. (If you're a regular reader here, you might have guessed it already) Yep, I've set up another new blogspot! You may remember a post here around last June time I did about very short short stories:


  • A blatant Roxette rip-off!


  • Well, I've been knee-deep writing the longish middle chapters of Moon Crater recently and started thinking about those mini-epics that can tell all-encompassing stories in only a few lines... And so because I want to write more of these soon, "Teeny Tiny Tales" has been born:

    http://www.teenytinytales.blogspot.com
    (NB - addendum 2012 - this page of tiny tales is now featured here:
    http://www.findthemissingreel.com/miniepics/ )




    I'm hoping that this can be a creative venture not just for myself but anyone who reads that blog, so if once you check it out, you feel like writing a piece of "Micro Fiction" of less than 100 words (remember they must have a clear beginning, middle and end!) just add a comment to any of the posts up there already with your story and I'll e-publish it on that blog - you will of course get full copyright credited to your own work too!

    The other news snippet is that Twig and his penguin pals are pushing painlessly to plan and put out the Contacts page over at www.findthemissingreel.com - they've promised a launch date of early March, so hopefully I'll have more news on that as and when it happens!

    That's about all for now - but before I go, can I ask, are you partial to the odd bit of historical fiction now and then? Yes? Great! Check back here next week for a blog post all about my favourite fictional fighters of years flown by... (OK, sorry, I couldn't find a suitable "f" synonym for "years"!)

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    # "A hydro-field cuts through my neighbourhood, somehow that always just made me feel good..." # - Barenaked Ladies

    "If Adventure Makes a Sound..." ("Finding a Voice": Part-the-First!)